by Uno de Waal (@Unodewaal) Today’s Design Annotator includes:
– An interview with photographer Jody Brand, whose work is a raw glimpse into South African youth culture
– The British Council’s Connect/ZA programme of creative events, projects and initiatives
– Sculptures by Jonothan van der Walt that blur the lines between kitsch and fine art
– Disorienting photographs of ordinary things by Kent Andreasen
– Turning data into art with NumberPicture
– Two South Africans traversing the US in a campervan dubbed ‘Dora’
– 10 Inspiration tumblrs by some of our favourite local creatives
– Nokia Lumia at the InAWE Residency
– A final wrap up of Cannes 2014
by Uno de Waal (@Unodewaal) For today’s Design Annotator, we’ve rounded up: Young Creative South Africa 2014; artists Francois Knoetze and Jenna Burchell; Field Notes from Cannes Lions + winning SA work; The Sleepers’ “Mine” music video; Star Crossed Tattoo & Piercing; M&C Saatchi Abel’s Fossil Biscuits; and five cultural institutions making things happen.
by Uno de Waal (@Unodewaal) For Design Annotator today, we’ve chosen: Young South Africa featuring Sibs Shongwe-La Mer; Bizarre AfrikaBurn motion photos by Lukas Renlund; Show & Tell creative talks; 10 creatives inspired by the city; Jo Anke Gallery’s Hlengiwe Vilakati; illustrator and standup comedian Donovan Goliath; artist blankets for Mr Price Home; and a call to enter the Nokia Asha A-List Competition.
by Uno de Waal (@Unodewaal) This week on Design Annotator we’re highlighting: photographer Dillon Marsh; the Twenty Journey; graphic designer Justin Plunkett; photographer Paulo Menezes; the Winter Sculpture Fair 2014; Portfolio Night 12; Studio Botes; What If x 100 GOOD IDEAS; BrandsEye on general elections; Skittles #SmuggleTheRainbow; Grolsch’s ‘Design A Swingtop’ competition; and Bobtail’s “When they don’t let go” campaign.