MarkLives.com — for South Africa’s leading independent coverage of the marketing, advertising & media economy.
Press releases, tip-offs, interview requests and pitches
Email us, together with low-res images (logos, portrait pics etc), at:
Receive our editorial diary
PR and communications professionals are invited to join our exclusive Google Groups mailing list for receiving our editorial diary. This group is only open to PR and communications professionals and spokespeople from agencies (you must provide a LinkedIn profile link on application), and we reserve the right to decline applications or remove members from the list. The diary will allow you to view upcoming features and to pitch relevant spokespeople/interviewees directly to relevant writers. Find the application form here.
- We don’t accept unsolicited op-eds. We prefer you submit a story pitch to us; if we like it, we will give the go-ahead. We’re a small team and are unable to work through all the unsolicited stories we receive.
- We only publish commissioned, exclusive content.
- Our readers know the basics; we need something that is either new or tells the story in a new and interesting way.
- We don’t allow copy to reference the agency brand or clients.
All ad-hoc writers are published as guest columns. There is a limited number of permanent columnist slots available in the publishing schedule, which is filled as writers rotate out; these are based on subject matter and consistent quality insights presented by individual writers. We do not offer columns to agencies but to individuals. If an individual drops out, we do not replace them with another columnist from their agency by default. We are open to pitches from new faces throughout the year.
Email us for our full contributor guidelines/FAQ.
- MarkLives: www.marklives.com
- Breaking/hard news/features
- Radar — news in brief (2–3 paragraphs)
- Account wins
- #RetailRadar — product, packaging, design, food, décor etc
- Q5 — five-question interviews with Carey Finn
- We are open to pitches for interviews with marketing directors and marketing managers
- Regular columnists (permanent, selected by the editors of MarkLives)
- Guest columns
- Extracts — excerpts from books and research
- Careers: careers.marklives.com
- Free job listings
- Ramify: ramify.biz — connecting marketers and agencies, as well as agency service suppliers
- Advertorial/company news offices as part of a Premium Profile
- Free listings available
To understand our content requirements, please ensure you’re subscribed to our weekly newsletter (free option available).
For our delivery or postbox contact details, please email us at the email address below:
MarkLives, advertising & editorial policy
MarkLives.com believes in independent reportage that lifts coverage of the advertising sector specifically, but also the broader marketing and communication fields, to the level of professionalism deserved by its discerning readers and where it adds value to the industry as a whole.
MarkLives.com covers industry players and personalities without expecting compensation in the form of advertising for doing so. You are not our wallet. You are our passion.
That does not mean the industry in general or any sponsor in particular can expect uncritical or superficial reporting. MarkLives.com covers the marketing, media and advertising field fearlessly, without compromise, truthfully and even-handedly. Sometimes you won’t like what we write. But when we offer praise it will mean something, it will be real, and everybody will know that. Like your clients.