- what Project Isizwe does;
- how many people now have internet access through it;
- who uses the internet through its coverage and what they use it for;
- how the business model works;
- what the municipalities are charged;
- and his plans for rolling out outside of South Africa.
Russell Southwood is the founder of Balancing Act and the web TV channel Smart Monkey TV, and has been an analyst in telecoms, internet and broadcast in Africa for the last 14 years. Smart Monkey TV aims to capture the energy at the crossroads between African culture and technology. MarkLives is syndicating content from Smart Monkey TV on a weekly basis for the column “Smart Africa TV”.
— MarkLives’ round-up of top ad and media industry news and opinion in your mailbox every three work days. Sign up here!