Smart Africa TV: Location aware advertising on Nairobi’s matatus
by Russell Southwood (@BalancingActAfr) In this interview we talk to Jeremy Gordon and Caine Kamau talk about their start-up Flashcast (@FlashCastKE), a location-aware advertising tool used on Nairobi’s matatus (privately owned minibus taxis), that can also be used to track them.
The interview covers:
- how the location aware advertising platform works on the matatus;
- who uses matatus in Nairobi and therefore who is being targeted;
- the advertisers attracted so far;
- how many buses are involved and the total number of buses;
- and its capability for tracking bus movement and how it might be used,
— MarkLives’ round-up of top ad and media industry news and opinion in your mailbox every three work days. Sign up here!