Saving the world pizza by pizza
The St Elmos pizza franchise is embracing environmental sustainability with a number of efforts aimed at promoting energy conservation, recycling and the planting of trees. The group is setting benchmarks it aims to achieve by 2010. It’s also raising awareness of its aims amongst customers with its new message of sustainability being promoted on its website and on its packaging materials.
According to the St Elmo’s website:
– They manufacture their boxes and serviettes from recycled material.
– They use non-toxic, low heavy metal inks.
– They use suppliers who are involved in recycling and other conservational initiatives.
– Their cheese is rBST hormone free.
– They burn alien vegetation for our wood.
– They are looking into ways to conserve energy in their stores by adopting water and electricity conservation initiatives.
– They are looking at ways to heat our stores using the heat generated from our ovens.
In an effort to involve consumers in its eco friendly attempts Tuesday nights are lights out. Every Tuesday night St Elmo’s serves pizza by candle light between 7pm & 8pm as a way to put across the importance of being energy aware.
Mark diggs it!