The One Club’s 2018 ADC winners announced
Agencies and studios from 34 countries were named top winners at The One Club for Creativity’s global ADC 97th Annual Awards, held in New York on Monday night, 7 May 2018. South Africa took Silver when TBWA\ Hunt Lascaris Johannesburg won in Photography for a campaign for Doom Insects from Tiger Brands.
|Silver||TBWA\Hunt Lascaris Johannesburg||Doom Insects||Tiger Brands||2018 Photography: Photography / Products / Commercial – Series|
A total of 11 Gold, 22 Silver and 26 Bronze Cubes and 39 Merit winners were awarded. The ADC Black Cube for Best of Show went to “Barbers” by Furlined, Santa Monica, CA, US, for Apple. The work also won Best of Discipline and a Gold Cube in Motion & Film Craft and three Merits in Advertising.
This year’s top honors, based upon cumulative ADC Cubes and Merits won across all disciplines and categories, were:
- Advertising Agency of the Year: BBDO New York
- Network of the Year: BBDO Worldwide
- Boutique Agency of the Year: Åkestam Holst, Stockholm, Sweden
- Design Firm of the Year: The New York Times Magazine, New York
- Boutique Design Firm of the Year: Magpie Studio, London
- Production Company of the Year: Furlined, Santa Monica
- Brand of the Year: Apple
Best of Discipline
Best of Discipline winners, by discipline were:
- Advertising: CHE Proximity with Revolver/Will O’Rourke, both Sydney, Australia “The Hearing Test in Disguise” for Cochlear
- Brand & Communication Design: Creuna Norway, Oslo, Norway “DOGA Visual Identity” for DOGA – Design and Architecture Norway
- Experiential Design: McCann New York, NY, USA “Fearless Girl” for State Street Global Advisors
- Illustration: Giant Ant, Vancouver, BC, Canada “The Imaginary Friends Society – Finding Out You Have Cancer” for The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation
- Innovation: Tess Co. with Tohoku University School of Medicine, both Sendai, M2 Design and TBWA\Hakuhodo, both Tokyo, all Japan “COGY Wheelchair” for Tess Co.
- Integrated: AMV BBDO, London, UK “#Blood Normal” for Essity Libresse Bodyform
- Interactive: AlmapBBDO, São Paulo, Brazil “Nosferatu” for Getty Images
- Motion & Film Craft: Furlined, Santa Monica with Apple, Cupertino, both CA, USA “Barbers” for Apple
- Packaging & Product Design: Tess Co. with Tohoku University School of Medicine, both Sendai, M2 Design and TBWA\Hakuhodo, both Tokyo, all Japan “COGY Wheelchair” for Tess Co.
- Photography: Lauren Greenfield, Venice, CA, USA “Generation Wealth” for Evergreen Pictures.
- Publication Design: The New York Times Magazine, New York, NY, USA “Why Can’t Democrats Turn the Page” for The New York Times Magazine.
- Typography: Kevin Cantrell Studio, Mantua, UT, USA “Fantastic Rum Accelerator” for Wired Magazine.
Most ADC Cubes
BBDO New York led the world in most ADC Cubes won by a single office with 16. The agency won five Golds, including three with BBDO Studios for “Live Looper” on behalf of Downtown Records and two with The Corner Shop for P&G’s “The Talk”, as well as four Silver and seven Bronze Cubes. Jung von Matt, Hamburg, Germany won 15 Cubes, including one Gold, three Silver and 11 Bronze.
The New York Times Magazine placed third with 11 Cubes, including two Gold, six Silver and three Bronze. Rounding out the top five Cube winners, Dentsu Tokyo took home 10 (four Gold, three Silver and three Bronze) and DDB Paris won nine (three Gold, four Silver and two Bronze).
ADC Designism Award
The ADC Designism Award for work that best promotes social good went to “Prescribed to Death” by Energy BBDO, Chicago, IL, USA for client National Safety Council.
For a complete list of all winners, go to www.adcawards.org.
— One subscription form, three newsletters: sign up now for the MarkLives newsletter, including Ramify headlines; The Interlocker, our new monthly comms-focused mailer; and Brands & Branding, launching soon!