by Shaune Jordaan. Personal, visual and always visible — these are the ingredients for connecting with customers in 2020.
by Warren Moss. I believe that B2B brands in South Africa are missing a trick by not producing campaigns to increase visibility.
By Herman Manson (@marklives) Design Indaba 2013 Masashi Kawamura (@masakawa), one of Fast Company’s “100 most creative people in business 2012,” is visiting Cape Town as a guest speaker at the annual Design Indaba conference. The nod from Fast Company is just one of many – Kawamura seem to have won a near endless stream …
by Herman Manson. Judges of the recently held Sikuvile Standard Bank Newspaper Journalism Award were critical of the limited visual innovation they saw in entries this year.
by MarkLives. Joe Public Shift’s “Generation Fluid” and BRP’s “2019 Special Report – Personalization”.
by Shane de Lange. As a sanctuary for contemporary art from across the continent of Africa and its diaspora, the approach to design in Zeitz MOCAA is as poetic as its purpose and message.
by Martin MacGregor (@MartMacG) In the media-planning world, that old media, TV, has been dead for so long, rigor mortis should have set in. But has it? Yes and no.
by Uno de Waal (@Unodewaal) Today’s Design Annotator includes:
– An interview with photographer Jody Brand, whose work is a raw glimpse into South African youth culture
– The British Council’s Connect/ZA programme of creative events, projects and initiatives
– Sculptures by Jonothan van der Walt that blur the lines between kitsch and fine art
– Disorienting photographs of ordinary things by Kent Andreasen
– Turning data into art with NumberPicture
– Two South Africans traversing the US in a campervan dubbed ‘Dora’
– 10 Inspiration tumblrs by some of our favourite local creatives
– Nokia Lumia at the InAWE Residency
– A final wrap up of Cannes 2014
by Gill Moodie (@GrubstreetSA) There’s a real shake-up of TV coming South Africa’s away – especially of television news – and none of it bodes well for our newspapers.
The SABC launched its 24-hour news operation on the DStv satellite network (on channel 404) last week while the Gupta family – owners of TNA Media, parent company of The New Age newspaper – is getting ready to take their 24/7 news operation live (on channel 405) very soon.
The Guptas’ Africa News Network 7 – or “ANN7” – already has a rather slick-looking beta website up and Atul Gupta has been tweeting recruitment ads
We’ve created a table of independent creative agencies in South Africa. Listings are voluntary and made directly by the agencies involved.