Tenders: SANEF’s ethics campaign
SANEF launched an inquiry into media ethics and credibility in June 2019. It appointed an independent panel chaired by retired Judge Kathleen Satchwell with panelists, Nikiwe Bikitsha and Rich Mkhondo. Terms of reference are available here.The panel will present its findings to SANEF at the beginning of June 2020. The report will be debated and an action plan drafted. This action plan will then be adopted at a SANEF Ethics and Credibility Conference that’s been planned for 15 October 2020. See the SANEF website for more background information.
Two hundred guests will be invited. It will be a one-day conference held in Johannesburg on Thursday, 15 October 2020.
Prospective companies and individuals should submit a document that contains the following:
- Name of company/individual and contact details including company registration and ID numbers of representatives
- Profile and references
- Outline of how the company/individual would approach:
- The marketing of Judge Satchwell’s media ethics and credibility report to ensure that all major media industry players and other stakeholders (including government and business) are aware of the report and feel encouraged to debate and submit their views to the SANEF office.
- Assist the SANEF office in compiling an action plan using the report and submissions
- Assist the SANEF office to invite speakers and guests to the conference
- Assist with drafting of the conference programme; and
- Organize all logistics connected to the conference
- Detailed budgets for the ethics campaign leading up to the conference and detailed budgets for all the costs associated with the one-day conference.
Contact details for submission
Date of final submission: 25 March 2020
Office Administrator, South African National Editors’ Forum (SANEF)