South Africa’s nine jurors for Cannes Lions 2016
At this year’s Cannes Lions, South Africa will have representatives on nine out of the 17 juries: Design, Direct, Film, Media, Mobile, Print & Publishing, Promo & Activations, Outdoor and Radio. Of the nine, four are women.
Three hundred and eighty seven people from 40 countries have been confirmed across all of the Cannes Lions juries. This year, women total 40%, a significant increase on last year’s 31.5% and a record number for the festival.
- Design Lions : Nathan Reddy, chief creative officer & founder, Grid Worldwide Branding and Design
- Direct Lions: Suhana Gordhan, creative director, FCB Africa
- Film Lions: Rob McLennan, creative founding partner, King James II
- Media Lions: Marc Taback, chief executive officer, Initiative Media
- Mobile Lions: Emma Carpenter, creative director, Accenture Interactive
- Print & Publishing Lions: Jonathan Beggs, chief creative officer, Saatchi & Saatchi
- Promo & Activations Lions: Eoin Welsh, chief creative officer, Havas Worldwide Johannesburg
- Outdoor Lions: Fran Luckin, chief creative officer, Grey Africa
- Radio Lions: Jenny Glover, executive creative director, TBWA\Hunt\Lascaris
Cannes Lions takes place 18–25 June 2016 and incorporates three specialist events: Lions Health, Lions Innovation and Lions Entertainment. For more, go to www.canneslions.com.
— MarkLives’ round-up of top ad and media industry news and opinion in your mailbox every Monday and Thursday days. Sign up here!