PRISMs calls for young judges
The search has officially begun for a new cohort of sharp-witted young leaders in the PR and communication industry to be mentored in the judging process for the 2019 PRISM Awards. Launched in 2017, the mentorship and skills development initiative, PRISM Young Judges (PYJ), has formed a new alumni committee after participating in last year’s judging alongside senior judges.
The committee, in partnership with the PRISM Awards and the Public Relations Institute of Southern Africa, is looking for 10 new like-minded young industry professionals to participate in 2019. Young judges will be paired with senior industry professionals as mentors and, as part of the diverse youth-led committee, they will also benefit from peer-to-peer training.
“Experienced industry players should recognise the important role they play in the nurturing and development of the future leaders of this profession,” says Palesa Madumo, PYJ founder and co-convenor of the PRISMs. “This opportunity allows the top 10 candidates to engage closely with industry leaders and to also share their perspective on campaigns that are often youth-focused.”
New entrants should have at least two years’ experience in the PR and comms environment or be actively involved in the industry. One of the 10 young judge slots will be awarded to a final-year student entrant studying PR or communication. This is described as an exciting opportunity for one deserving student to gain insight into the industry and jump-start their career. All entrants are required to submit a 500-word motivation on why they should be selected OR submit a minute-long motivation video to info at prismyoungjudges dot com.
Entrants for PRISM Young Judges must:
- Be between the ages of 21 and 30
- Have at least two (2) years’ experience in the public relations and communication environment OR be actively involved in the industry in one way or another OR be a final-year student studying public relations or communication
- Reside in Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal or the Cape
- Write 500 words on why you should be selected OR send a minute-long video version
- Tweet about your entry, tagging and following @PRISMYoungJudge and using the hashtags #PRISMYoungJudges and #PRISMAwards19.
Entries close on Friday, 15 February 2019 at 00:00.
— One subscription form, three newsletters: sign up now for the MarkLives newsletter, including Ramify headlines; The Interlocker, our new monthly comms-focused mailer; and Brands & Branding, launching soon!