Cannes Young Lions Film registration opens
Are you creative, talented and capable of delivering a 60-second commercial under serious time pressure? Would you like to go to France for the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, 17–21 June 2019, and have your work showcased on an international stage?
Cinemark, the official representative in South Africa for the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity and the sponsor of the local leg of the Film category of the Young Lions competition, is calling for registrations from teams comprising two young professionals or freelancers (an art director and a copywriter, both under the age of 30) who currently work as art directors, producers, filmmakers or creatives.
Here’s how it works:
- Register your team via firstname.lastname@example.org between 25 March–5 April 2019
- Once registered, a Ster-Kinekor representative will email you a form to complete as a team, and you’ll receive a reference number (which you’ll use this to label your 60s ad)
- The brief, which will have a strong social justice angle, will go live on the Ster-Kinekor website on 6 April 2019 at 12 noon.
- Each team will then have just 48 hours from then to film, edit and deliver a 60s commercial.
- Once you’re done, you must email back your 60s ad, with reference number and the form, before 12 noon on 8 April 2019. No late entries will be accepted!
If your team wins the South African competition, the two of you will be flying to France to compete against other winning teams from around the world, in the global leg of the competition, at this year’s Cannes Lions Festival. Not only that, your local winning advert will reach an audience on Ster-Kinekor’s silver screens nationwide.
If you go on to win at Cannes Lions, you’ll walk away with the honour of being crowned the Young Lions of Cannes 2019, adding some serious bling to your CV and potentially kicking your career onto the fast-track.
Updated on 26 March 2019.
— One subscription form, three newsletters: sign up now for the MarkLives newsletter, including Ramify headlines; The Interlocker, our new monthly comms-focused mailer; and Brands & Branding, launching soon!