African finalists for 2018 Epica Awards
Seven South African entries, three Egyptian, two Kenyan and Nigerian, and one Namibian have made the shortlist for this year’s Epica, the advertising awards show judged by industry journalists, out of 4020 entries from 69 countries. The final results will be announced on 16 November 2018.
The highest number of entries came from Germany, followed by the US and France. New countries this year included Iran and Morocco.
- FP7/CAI for Orange with “Now or Never” in Communication & Public Services
- FP7/CAI for Orange with “Now or Never” in Humour
- FP7/CAI for Orange with “Now or Never” in World Cup Advertising
- CREATIVE VMLY&R for Hotpoint Appliances Limited with the 3 parts campaign “Sound Waves” in Homes, Furnishings & Appliances
CREATIVE VMLY&R for Mandevu Beard Care with the 3 parts campaign “Flipped” in Health & Beauty
- Advantage VMLY&R for LifeLine/ChildLine Namibia with “Boxers against violence” in Media Innovation – Alternative Media
- Insight Publicis for Art Box with the 3 parts campaign “Don’t rob them of the gift you can’t give them” in Public Interest – Social
- Noah’s Ark Communications Limited for FrieslandCampina WAMCO with the 2 parts campaign “Peak Children’s Day” in Food
South African finalists
- FoxP2 for National Geographic with “Life Beyond the Logo” in Media
- King James Group for Sanlam with “2-Minute Shower Songs” in Public Interest – Environment
- M&C Saatchi Abel for Nando’s with “#rightmyname” in Media Innovation – Traditional Media
- TBWA\Hunt Lascaris Johannesburg for Joburg Ballet with “Breaking Ballet” in Branded Content – Film/series
- TBWA\Hunt Lascaris Johannesburg for Joburg Ballet with “Breaking Ballet” in Recreation & Leisure
- TBWA\Hunt Lascaris Johannesburg for Joburg Ballet with “Breaking Ballet” in Topical & Real-time
- VMLY&R for Cipla with “Bronki Booster” in Health & Beauty
For more, go to epica-awards.com.
— One subscription form, three newsletters: sign up now for the MarkLives newsletter, including Ramify headlines; The Interlocker, our new monthly comms-focused mailer; and Brands & Branding, launching soon!